So, what makes a good game group? For me, here are a few of the important things.
- Welcoming and friendly people
- Players with good sportsmanship
- Regular location
- Access to food and drink
- Wide variety of gaming tastes
- Multiple game "teachers" or people who have collections and want to lead games
- and (drum roll) ..... Willing to play my prototypes and give honest feedback.
For any designer, it's critical to find a group of people who enjoy playing prototypes, have no reservations about being honest and have their own great ideas they're willing to throw into the mix (and not be mad if I decide not to include them).
What do you look for in a gaming group?
Till next time.